The assistant store manager will assist the general manager and ownership with the operation of a profitable store that is focused on exceptional customer service that exceeds customer expectations. Responsible for all aspects of managing a single store including hiring/scheduling, developing and managing a team focused on the customer. Assist with the oversight of day to day store operations to achieve sales and profitability goals, customer acquisition and customer retention. Accountable for inventory quality control, budgeting, including labor cost and operational expenses. This is a hands-on, led by example position.
- Team Development- Identifying, recruiting and properly staffing the store to ensure customer needs are exceeded while scheduling to maintain labor budget goals. Total labor goal below 20% of net sales.
- Coaching, training and motivating team members to achieve higher performance and interaction with all customers.
- Demonstrate high values and service by leading by example on the sales floor.
- Schedule regular meetings with team members to keep abreast with additional training, changing conditions and current fashion trends.
- Sales and Results Driven
- Develop and execute strategies to drive customer traffic, customer buys and customer sales.
- Adhere to company guidelines keeping COGS in balance and minimizing potential for loss.
- Maintain a fresh and visually enticing store that is clean and well organized at a level exceeding the competition and above customer expectations.
- Strong demonstration of current fashion trends for core customer.
- Strong coaching/leadership, customer service and selling skills with a take-charge mentality.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, holidays and consisting of 42-45 hours per week.
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- Demonstration of management skills and the go-to source for the team for creative solutions for all challenges encountered.
- Outwardly display a high level of energy without need for motivation
- At least 2 years of retail experience and 1 year of management experience
Do you know fashion? Do you love finding a great deal? Are you committed to sustainability? If so, come join the Uptown Cheapskate Team! We are looking for friendly, highly motivated people to join our crew of Fashion Consultants.
Uptown Cheapskate is an exciting retail store concept that sells quality clothing brands at affordable prices. Every month, our franchise stores buy and resell thousands of clothing items that have been gently used at a fraction of the prices originally charged. That’s why Uptown Cheapskate is such an effective idea that resonates with customers of every income bracket and style persuasion. Our stores feel more like a boutique than a thrift shop, allowing more people to feel comfortable shopping second-hand.
At Uptown Cheapskate, we have a passion for sustainable fashion. We are dedicated to reducing the impact of the fashion industry on the planet by being green 365 days per year. When you support resale, you’re not just being good on your wallet - you’re giving back to the environment and contributing to an economy that is sustainable and green.
Since 2015, Uptown Cheapskate has joined forces with Kid to Kid and buildOn across the nation to raise money to build schools in developing countries. With the support of tens of thousands of customers all across the nation, we’ve far surpassed our initial goal and have raised over $300,000 and funded 10 schools (and counting!). With your help, communities in Mali, Burkina Faso, Senegal, Haiti, Nepal, Malawi, and Nicaragua now have the facilities that they need to educate their children for years to come.
This franchise is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchisee, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of this franchisee. All inquiries about employment at this franchisee should be made directly to the franchise location, and not to BaseCamp Franchising Corporate.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)